- Rahn Jr. High -

On October 5th, Mt. Morris Fire responded to a report of a student with their finger caught in a locker. The Chief and Heavy Rescue as well as EMS responded. Once on scene a male student was found with his index finger "stuck" in a 1/2" hole in the face of the locker where a lock had been removed. The students finger was very swollen and school officials had tried soap and other compounds as well as ice to aid in the removal prior to requesting Mt Morris Fire. Fire companies stabilized the door and used a sawzall and air chisel to remove a 1 foot square of the locker. The student was taking to a near by hospital and had the locker removed. Reportably the student was back in class by lunch.